Horizon Festival of Arts & Culture – Public Art
For a really immersive creative experience, take time out to explore one or all of the dynamic public art trails available from Friday 25th August to Sunday 3 September, 2017.
This first list is public art on the Sunshine Coast Hinterland:
- Herd of Cows: Bunya St, Maleny (Artist – Janna Pameijer)
- Apparatus for Expedient market Deployment: Ananas Comosus – Simpson Street, Beerwah (Artist Russell Anderson)
- Strangler Cairn: Conondale Range Great Walk (Artist Andy Goldsworthy)
- Maroochy Regional Bushland Botanic Garden – Sculpture Garden with more than 30 works nestled amidst a lush and beautiful landscape.
- Sunshine Coast Hinterland Poetry Trail: Located in Maleny, Montville and Kenilworth – there are seven works to discover on your journey.
Here are other areas of the Sunshine Coast
- iDIDIT! – Village Park, Birtinya (Artist Russell Anderson)
- Spirit Orb – Eumundi Amphitheatre, Memorial Ave (Artists Meg Geer and Richard Thompson)
- Sustainable – Eumundi, at Dick Caplick Park (Artist Hew Chee Fong)
- Portal – Marcoola Village Green (Artist Simone Eisler)
- Coolum Boardwalk Public Art Trail – Enjoy the outdoors and seaside views with a creative twist. Pop in for a coffee at one of the local café’s while you navigate through more than 12 public artworks.
#maleny #malenymagic #sunshinecoasthinterland #artstmaleny #scpublicart
Every Sunday, from 9am till 2pm.
Located at Peachester Hall, Kilcoy Road.
Peachester Hall, Kilcoy Beerwah Road. Peachester is a small town located on the eastern slopes of the Conondale Range in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland.
Blackall Range Woodcrafters Guild Inc
Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning from 8:00 am till 11:30 am.
Balmoral Road – Maleny-Montville Rd, Montville.
General Activities (check as Toy making is sometimes on Monday & Wednesday). Montville Sports Ground, Maleny Montville Road.
Phone number: 0409 050 418 /
Email address: email@example.com .
For more information, click here to go to the official Blackall Range Woodcrafters Guild inc website.
Every Tuesday and Monday, from 9:00 am till 12:00 pm
Create mosaics & give yourself a break from stress! You can learn by attending my studio-style classes, you can do it all yourself with my free online classes, or I can send you everything you need in kit form so you can start straight away.
Email: Brett Campbell firstname.lastname@example.org
Every 2nd Thursday, starting from 8:00 am to 11:30 am.
Located at the Maleny Community Centre, 23 Maple Street, Maleny.
Held fortnightly (until 14 November 2014) on Thursday’s in The Verandah Room, Maleny Community Centre, from 8 am to 11:30 am.
Contact the MCC Centre for exact dates on 07 5429 6043 or email email@example.com
#maleny #malenyinfocentre #malenymagic #sunshinecoasthinterland
Imbil Country Markets.
Every Sunday, from 9:00am till 2:00pm.
Held in the park in the centre of town.
There is a wide variety of stalls selling fruit, vegetables, honey, jams, pickles, craft, jewelry, plants and much more. Visit Imbil on Sundays for an interesting shopping experience coupled with old fashioned country hospitality.
Contact 07 5484 5109.
Landsborough Country Markets.
Every Saturday, from 8am till 1pm.
Located at Memorial Hall, Old Landsborough Road.
School of Arts, Memorial Hall, Old Landsborough Road. Fresh produce, plants, artistic hand-produced cards, jewellery, country décor, incense, cosmetics, books, pet products and more. Country Kitchen open from 8 am with breakfast, Devonshire teas, espresso coffee, drinks and light lunches.
Contact 0413 009 840.
Montville Growers and Makers Markets.
Every Saturday, from 7:30am till 12pm.
Located at Montville Hall, 118 Main Street, Montville.
Montville Hall, 118 Main Street. Conondale lillies, organic honey, sourdough breads, homemade soaps and much more locally produced goods will be available direct from the farmer and maker.
Contact Judith Sinnamon – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yandina Plant and Produce Markets.
Every Saturday, from 7am till 12pm.
Located at Yandina Sports Ground, Farrell Street.
Contact 5446 8273.
Big Pineapple Markets.
Every Saturday, from 6:30am till 1pm.
Located at the Big Pineapple, Nambour Connection Rd, Woombye.
Held every Saturday from 6:30 am to 1 pm, at 76 Nambour Connection Road, Woombye. All weather, more than 135 stalls, children’s activities.
Contact 0418 769 374