The Maleny Singers in conjunction with Maleny Rotary Club & the Maleny RSL invite you to their Christmas Concert on Friday 8th December at 6:30 pm at the Maleny RSL Hall. Donations will be requested during the event in favour of the Maleny Neighbourhood Centre.
Maleny Uniting Church – Garage Sale – Saturday 11th March from 7 am to 2 pm
Where: 1290 Maleny-Landsborough Road. Contact 07 5494 3693 / 0429 647 370
Maleny Christmas Carnival Raffle Prizes 2015 : As part of the Maleny Christmas Carnival Maleny Commerce are raising money to benefit our local youth through programs such as Headspace. The tickets cost $2 each and can be purchased at many businesses in the main street. There are seven (7) prizes to be won. They are:
- First Prize – 2 nights weekend accommodation for 6 people at Macadamia Letting (value $650); plus a dining voucher at Pomodoras on Obi Restaurant (value $100).
- Second Prize – 2 x Framed Japanese woodcut preproduction – Sugoi Ni (value $200); plus a Gift Basket of local art pieces from Art on Cairncross (value $350).
- Third Prize – 3 x garden books from Rosetta Books (value $90); a plant voucher from Forest Heart Nursery (value $60); and a recycled pallet crate from Pallet Life (value $55).
- Fourth Prize – A felted organza shawl from Lindel Kielly; a voucher from Imelda’s (value $100); a voucher from Birdy Boutique (value $30); a voucher from Industree (value $30); and a voucher from Sapling Textiles (value $30).
- Fifth Prize – a first aid kit from Maleny Pharmacy (value $50); a massage with Helena Wilson (value $60); a soap gift pack from The Soap Bar (value $35); and a voucher from Kashmiah (value $25).
- Sixth Prize – kitchen wear from Gone Bonkers (value $25); a voucher from Maleny Bakery (value $50); a voucher from Maleny Butchers (value $20); and a voucher from Maleny Books (value $25).
- Seventh Prize – a voucher from the Curry Hut (value $30); a voucher from Daawat Indian Restaurant (value $25); a voucher from Shot Gun Espresso (value $25); and a voucher from Mr J’s Pies (value $20).
Please support these local businesses.
Highlights From Carmen
Maleny Singers Presents Highlights from Carmen
By Georges Bizet
2:00 pm Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th of November
Maleny Community Centre
23 Maple Street,
Tickets are $20
2015 FUNDRAISER FOR MALENY & DISTRICT RURAL FIRE BRIGADE
Come and enjoy the most memorable music from Bizet’s beloved opera in a concert performance by the Maleny Singers, accompanied by the Maleny Performing Arts Orchestra and support our local firies at the same time.
Maleny Community Centre
2:00 PM Saturday 7 November and 2:00 PM Sunday 8 November
For more information click here to go to the ‘Maleny Singers present Highlights from Carmen’ Facebook page.
All tickets $20 available from trybooking.com or from Maleny Visitor Information Centre.
Alternatively you could contact Daniel Sandeman on the Maleny Rfb Facebook page.
We need your help for us to save ‘Glenferna’
The Maleny Historical Society needs your help to save ‘Glenferna‘, a local farmhouse that was built just after the end of the 19th century. They are fundraising to move this beautiful old house from its present situation at 1010 Maleny Landsborough Road, just a couple of kilometres down the road to the Maleny Historical grounds and are asking for donations. It is a huge project for a small but dedicated band of Volunteers – so if you can help please either:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org advising that you wish to give a cash donation or
- Make a cheque payable to – Maleny History Preservation & Restoration Society Inc. or
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) to:
- BSB 124 156
- Account Number 100020620
- Amount $
- Subject: Glenferna
Note: Donations over $100 will be recognised. Please send your name, address, and email with the total amount donated. Please indicate if you don’t want your name publicised.
About Glenferna: at 1010 Maleny/Landsborough Rd, was built as a farmhouse by Edward Thynne on land purchased from Isaac Burgess in 1902. It was registered as a Receiving Office for Mail from 1904 – 1912. Edward Thynne sold the property in 1912 and several dairy farmers lived there until it became a Mater Art Union Prize Farm in 1976. The winner tenanted the farm & house for years; Glenferna has been home to many families over the decades.
Maleny Rural Fire Brigade Auction
Saturday, 5 September
Maleny RSL Memorial Hall.
Come on down and support our local hero’s!
Doors open from 6:30 pm,
Finger food and drinks available.
Tickets: $30pp at the door. $25pp pre booked internet transferred at 31 August.
Music by – Duet Extraordinaires, Lazza and Mal.
Tiger Moth Joy Flight,
Botanical Gardens Tour,
Australia Zoo Pass,
Maleny Mountain Wines,
Lux Package for 2 @ Blue Summit Cottages,
Maleny Chemart Chemist Gift Pack,
and much, much more.
Wear something YELLOW, neat and casual attire.
Contact: 0427 071 591 – email@example.com
Living Water – Myanmar Concert – Maleny Catholic Church, 45 Cedar Street, Maleny. Friday July 17th at 9:30 am.
Entry $10 with morning tea. Booking: 07 5499 9605 or 07 5435 2589.
Includes Mark Walton’s Wind Ensemble with a concert of light classics and some toe-tapping golden oldies!