Horizon Festival of Arts & Culture – Public Art
For a really immersive creative experience, take time out to explore one or all of the dynamic public art trails available from Friday 25th August to Sunday 3 September, 2017.
This first list is public art on the Sunshine Coast Hinterland:
- Herd of Cows: Bunya St, Maleny (Artist – Janna Pameijer)
- Apparatus for Expedient market Deployment: Ananas Comosus – Simpson Street, Beerwah (Artist Russell Anderson)
- Strangler Cairn: Conondale Range Great Walk (Artist Andy Goldsworthy)
- Maroochy Regional Bushland Botanic Garden – Sculpture Garden with more than 30 works nestled amidst a lush and beautiful landscape.
- Sunshine Coast Hinterland Poetry Trail: Located in Maleny, Montville and Kenilworth – there are seven works to discover on your journey.
Here are other areas of the Sunshine Coast
- iDIDIT! – Village Park, Birtinya (Artist Russell Anderson)
- Spirit Orb – Eumundi Amphitheatre, Memorial Ave (Artists Meg Geer and Richard Thompson)
- Sustainable – Eumundi, at Dick Caplick Park (Artist Hew Chee Fong)
- Portal – Marcoola Village Green (Artist Simone Eisler)
- Coolum Boardwalk Public Art Trail – Enjoy the outdoors and seaside views with a creative twist. Pop in for a coffee at one of the local café’s while you navigate through more than 12 public artworks.
#maleny #malenymagic #sunshinecoasthinterland #artstmaleny #scpublicart