Maleny Garden Club Inc : Furthering the knowledge and enjoyment of gardening.
Club Goals : To foster and promote an active interest in all matters relating to gardening on the Range. To raise awareness in the Club and the Community of the local environment. To stage events that promote the beauty and diversity of the region.
Benefits of Club Membership
- Friendship– social time before and after each meeting
- Informative Meetings – held last Tuesday of each month
- Guest Speakers – a different speaker at each meeting
- Bus Trips – always enjoyable – usually a day trip
- Library – a selection of useful books to borrow
- Sip & Snip – an informative walk around a member’s garden
- Show & Tell – a short talk by a member at each meeting
- Social Events – relaxed way to mix with fellow gardeners
- Fundraising – monies raised donated to local charities
- Gardening on the Edge – our primary fund raising event with open gardens on the Queen’s Birthday weekend
Meetings: General Meetings are held monthly at 9.30 am on the last Tuesday of each month. Meetings usually include a guest presenter talking about all aspects of developing and enhancing a garden. The meeting venue is either in a member’s garden or at the Old Witta School Hall. All members are welcome to attend and contribute to the development of the Club.
Sip & Snip: Sip & Snip is held monthly at 9:30 am on the 2nd Tuesday of each month. It is an opportunity to see other member’s gardens and to obtain cuttings for your own garden.
Garden Tours: Escorted tours to gardens and garden related events are regularly organised where club members and friends can get together to enjoy the trip and meet others with similar interests. See Diary Dates for details.
2016 Gardening on the Edge brochure: (Click on image to increase size).
For more information, click here to go to the featured website.